Having your own domain name can do wonders for your branding efforts and make you look more credible to your target audience or market. Registering a domain name may seem easy; after all, you simply look for a provider and register with them. But there’s more to it than that. Take note of these seven things before you register a domain name to be sure that you are getting a reliable service and the best value for your money:
- The provider’s experience – Register a domain name with an experienced provider that offers dedicated hosting. Some of the leading web and dedicated server hosting services in India have been around for almost a decade and they are known for their world-class hosting infrastructure that suits a wide range of customers.
- The price – The cost of registering a domain name can range from cheap to exorbitant, but some of the best service providers offer affordable services regardless of the size or type of business or website you are running. Be sure to get a quote and find out exactly what you are paying for.
- Availability – You might think that your business name is unique, but you’ll be surprised to learn that it may have a lot of competition—and that the domain name that you want is already taken. Hence, be sure to check the availability of your domain name with the service provider.
- Freebies – Some domain name registration services come with a free email account and mail forwarding, as well as bulk tools, DNS management, and domain forwarding.
- Security – Be sure to register with a reputable service provider that can guarantee safety and security, while protecting it from domain theft.
- Domain management – Determine how you can manage your own domain. Some providers offer an easy to use control panel where you can access everything and manage your domain by yourself.
- Support – Make sure that the provider offers reliable support 24/7 and that you can easily get in touch with them when you need help with the service.